Hen of the Woods Salad with Green Goddess Dressing
Complex & rich flavors with a light feel.
At a glance
- 1/2 C. mayonnaise
- 1/2 C. creme fraiche
- 1/4 C. chopped green onions
- 2 T. chopped fresh chives
- 2 T. chopped Italian flat leaf parsley
- 1 T. anchovy paste
- 1 T. fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 t. salt
- 1/8 t. fresh ground pepper
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 small tomato, peeled and chopped
- 2 T. olive oil
- 1 T. butter
- 8 oz. maitake, chopped
- 2 Romaine lettuce cores, chopped
- 1 lb. Cooked, skinned, boned chicken
- 2 slices crisp cooked bacon, crumbled
- 1/2 C. pine nuts, toasted
- 1 avocado, sliced thin
- Combine mayonnaise through pepper in a blender until smooth and creamy. Refrigerate.
- Saute onion and tomato in oil and butter until onion is soft.
- Add mushrooms and cook 5 more minutes or until soft.
- Cool then chill.
- Make a bed of lettuce, add mushroom salad and top with remaining ingredients.
- Add dressing to taste.