Finnish Funnel Chanterelle Pie
A main or side dish pie with an underrated mushroom.
At a glance
- 8 oz. Craterellus tubaeformis
- 1 large onion
- 1/2 t. salt
- 1/2 t. ground white pepper
- dash of ground clove
- dash of nutmeg
- 3 T. butter
- 1 lb. puff pastry, thawed
- 6 oz. grated Emmental cheese
- 8 oz. sour cream
- 2 eggs, beaten
- Thaw the pastry sheet at room temperature. Line the bottom and edges of a greased pie tin with the pastry.
- Chop the onion and fresh mushrooms finely.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat, add the onions, mushrooms and seasonings, and allow to simmer until the water is evaporated. Let it cool a bit.
- Mix with the grated emmental cheese, sour cream and eggs.
- Spread the mushroom-onion mixture over the pastry and then pour the cheese-sour cream-egg mixture over it.
- Bake the pie at 375 degrees F for approximately 30 minutes.
This can also be made with a regular pie crust and turns out similar to a quiche.