5P Spring Salad
Porcini, Peas, Parmesan, Pine Nuts & Parsley
At a glance
- 1 lb. Boletus rex-veris buttons, cleaned & trimmed
- 6 T. extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 T. white balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 t. Dijon mustard
- 1/2 t. garlic, minced fine
- salt and pepper to taste
- 10 cups arugula or spring mix, loosely packed, about 8 ounces
- 1/4 C. chopped Italian parsley
- 1 lb. fresh snap peas, blanched, shocked & dried
- 2 oz. Parmigiano-Reggiano, shaved thin
- 1/4 C. pine nuts, toasted
- Whisk together 4 T. oil, vinegar, mustard, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Slice spring king buttons 1/4" thick vertically. Sprinkle lightly with salt & pepper. Saute in remaining oil over medium-high heat for 3-4 minutes per side or until lightly browned, leaving plenty of room. Or brush with oil and grill over high heat 2 minutes per side.
- Add the arugula and parsley to a large salad bowl. Add 1/2 the vinaigrette and toss to coat.
- Top with peas, spring king slices, Parmesan and pine nuts.
- Drizzle with reaming vinaigrette.